My baby sister, Hanna, tagged me. This challenge is to list seven random facts about myself that most people don't know. I am running into the same issue she mentioned of being such an open book person that I am having trouble digging up more than one or two facts. I could steal a few from Hanna's list, but I am going to try for some originals.
1. I have played capture the flag in La Cite (the castle where Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves was filmed). It was a zone activity on my LDS mission in the south of France. I even scaled a couple of walls and cut my leg on some of the jagged glass embedded in the top of those walls. That was one of my favorite memories of a non-spiritual nature from my mission.
2. I had a rare blood disorder when Cadence was born called ITP which stands for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. "Idiopathic" means that the cause is unknown. "Thrombocytopenic" means the blood doesn't have enough platelets. "Purpura" means a person has excessive bruising. In my case it meant I shouldn't have had an epidural and I ended up having the epidural needle in my back for almost four whole days. They were afraid if they took it out I could bleed to death. The hospital had only EVER treated people for it six times.
3. I am not as physically active as I want to be, but that isn't my random fact. It just makes this fact on my list more impressive or shocking. I want to run a marathon. I would love to have the discipline to take on something that physically demanding.
4. I was told often as a teenager that I should be a model. Tall and super skinny and pretty, were compliments people gave as reasons. Well, this might not be an unknown fact to most, but I STILL would like to be a model. I hold back now though because now that I am at a much healthier weight than I was back then, I am afraid of the affect it might have if they told me to lose weight.
5. I am a hopeless romantic, but that again isn't the fact that I am sharing. But as a romantic, I don't believe in soul mates. I believe with like interests, beliefs, goals, and attraction it is possible to be truly happy with more than just one person instead of just looking for one who might be impossible to find.
OK, I have racked my brain to try to be original but I can't come up with anything more. So I am gonna share/steal a couple from Hanna.
6. I have never been a natural at flirting. I am 33 years old and the art still eludes me. There has only ever been one boy with whom I found it somewhat easier to flirt and I had a crush type friendship with him for almost half my life.
7. I have only ever kissed two guys and my first kiss didn't happen until I was 24 years old.