Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some Traditions



For decades now, someone in the Hippen family has participated in the annual Turkey Trot, Turkey Chase, Thanksgiving Day Race in Orem, Utah.  Some years it has been many of us.  Some years, only a few could be there.  Well, crazy as it sometimes seems, like remembering how cold it was in 2007, Dad and the girls and I missed being there this year.



So we went over to the high school and had our own Turkey Trot.




  The weather was unseasonably nice, but don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.



Cadence did a lap around the track and then had fun drawing pictures.



Serenity made it around twice and then went a little camera crazy.



Not being in our greatest shape ever, Dad and I just walked, but hey we did it.  I walked 2 miles, like I would have in Orem and played with the girls while Dad finished his four miles.



Woo Hoo.  It helps to do something like this to not feel as guilty about stuffing ourselves later on in the day.  I'm glad we did it even though we didn't get a fun shirt out of the deal.  Some traditions need to keep going.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I've totally been MIA from the blogworld! some catching up to do... :) the girls look gorgeous in both their school pics AND with their new haircuts! I love change :) and happy belated thanksgiving :)

Christy said...

great tradition! I think I'll start with the turkey shuffle :)